COVID is disrupting our normal schedule.
All rides and events are by reservation only.
Until it is over we cannot accommodate drop-ins or non-member riders.
Members: See the Events page to sign up for club events.
SPECIAL! Late season sign-up special price! Join the Club now for just $20!
Starting right now, you can join the Venus Bike Club for the rest of the season for just $20! That’s right, your $20 membership is good all the way through the end of 2021. You will be in the loop on our weekend rides, member-only events, and discounts for the rest of this calendar year, PLUS you’ll be eligible for early registration specials for next season –– all for less than the price of another pair of ridiculous-looking bike socks.
The Venus Bike Club kicked off in Spring 2009 with the vision of creating a recreational, no-drop, cycling club that fosters an encouraging and supportive sisterhood. The Venus Bike Club is an ally to the LGBTQ community and welcomes all riders who identify as female or non-binary. The club is based in Boulder CO, but we have members riding with us from many parts of the state.
If you’ve ever thought: “I’m not sure I’d fit,” “I joined before but never made it to a ride,” or “What if my gear isn’t good enough?” –– join us! Whether you’re new to cycling, want to improve your cycling skills, are trying to get in better shape, or just want to ride with a group of great women, this is the bike club for you. We are about having fun, feeling joy, and achieving “more,” whatever that means for each of us. In the process, you’ll find that you become a more confident, road-aware cyclist, who feels better on and off the bike.
Each year, we have about 200 members of all riding levels and abilities, joining together for weekend group rides, skill and bike maintenance clinics, as well as destination get-aways. We are a non-profit, volunteer-run organization. We couldn’t do this if not for dedicated volunteers who help keep the Club rolling.
Have questions about the Club? Please email us at email@example.com.
Our weekend group rides are designed for the recreational rider. Group rides generally start in early April and alternate between Saturdays and Sundays until the end of the season in late September. As the season progresses, so does the mileage. Start times vary with the season and are also staggered, so those on the longer rides can get an earlier start on hot days. Most of our rides start at the Full Cycle bicycle shop, but occasionally we schedule remote starting points to allow us access to other destinations.
We try to keep ride groups small with about 10-12 riders of matching abilities and speeds. We may have six to eight groups going out on any given weekend. All rides have a lead and a sweep and are no-drop.
Ride routes are designed according to a training plan to build endurance for 33-, 64-, and 100-mile events, such as the Venus de Miles in late August, the Buff Classic in September, and Tour of the Moon in late September. The routes are created with safety, scenery, and variety in mind.
- Short route: Early season, 12-15 miles at about an 11-12 mph average pace. Over the season, mileage gradually increases to 35 miles and may split into casual (12 mph) and medium-paced (13-14 mph) groups to meet the needs of the riders.
- Medium route: Early season, 20-30 miles. Over the season, this route increases to about 60 miles and may split into two or three pace groups at 11-12 mph, 13-14 mph, and 15+ mph average paces.
- Long route: Early season, 30-40 miles with two pace groups,13-14 mph and a faster pace group at 15+ mph. Over the season this route increases to about 75 miles.
Due to Covid we currently cannot accommodate drop-ins or non-member riders. All rides are by reservation only.
For information about group riding during the pandemic, please read the Club COVID-19 Guidelines.
Got a question about the group rides? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer several destination rides each year. In previous years, we went to:
- May – Poudre River Trail Ride
- June – Glenwood Springs Area Weekend
- July – Frisco Weekend
- September – Grand Junction Wine Weekend
- September/October – Tour of the Moon
Trip details and sign-up information is made available in the member newsletters.
Some of the great benefits of a Venus Bike Club membership are access to amazing clinics, social events, and special cycling-centered events like demo days and shopping nights.
Clinics for all riding abilities, from beginner to intermediate riding skills are planned throughout the season. Most of our clinics are free to paid club members. A few clinics, facilitated by professional coaches, may be offered for a small, discounted fee.
From fix-a-flat and bike maintenance sessions to learning about nutrition and hydration, you’ll want to maximize your membership and take advantage of our upcoming clinics. Clinics are in a variety of formats including hands-on, on-bike riding skills clinics, and online presentations so you can learn from the comfort of your own home. Our sponsor, Full Cycle, offers a variety of co-ed clinics and can assist you with any cycling questions or needs you may have.
In addition to weekly club rides, clinics, and events, members also receive these benefits:
- 10% off any regularly priced items (except bikes) and service at Full Cycle for Venus Bike Club members and immediate family
- 5% off sale-priced items at Full Cycle (except bikes)
- 20% off bike fitting at Full Cycle
- 10% off food and beverage at The Tune Up – Taproom and Espresso Bar
- Small or no fee for any club clinics or coached training rides
- Invitation to special sales/group discounts with local partners
- Leads and sweeps will now earn $5 toward 2022 Club membership. (Max benefit is the price of membership.)
Please bring proof of membership (i.e., your receipt or a newsletter on your phone) to the store to ensure that you’re identified as a Club member in case of difficulties with Full Cycle’s online roster.
An added benefit this year is that our Club rides are mapped through Ride with GPS. The Club’s RwGPS club account includes Premium features that benefit the whole membership including turn-by-turn navigation and offline maps as well as stationary bike support.
* For paid membership through December 31, 2021. All benefits are subject to change at any time throughout the year.